The anticipation of success for the Canada-Nigeria Business Investment Summit &conference was over exceeded more so connections were made and advanced business innovations came to life.
The 2-day conference was fully equipped with intriguing keynote speakers, Investment panels, Sectoral Breakout Sessions, networking luncheons and unique evening award night. Like-minded entrepreneurs and business leaders in search of advice, information or investment opportunities gathered to exchange ideas and solutions and to solve problems.
Toronto hosted the first bi-annual Canada-Nigeria Business Investment Summit & Conference (CNISC). It took place on the 10th and 11th of October this year and it was a big bang theory of advanced business metamorphosis directed at Canada – Nigeria revolutionary Investments.
Mr. Bruce Shapiro president of Mine Africa Inc. moderated the first program on Thursday, October 10th. H.E Adeyinka Asekun Nigeria High Commissioner to Canada gave the opening address in which he encouraged that Nigeria as of today is undergoing Business structuring in the new era of globalization, alternative wealth solutions are been looked at, property investment is skyrocketing in the Nigerian economy.
The 2 days program was packed full with lectures on
- Investment environment and opportunity in Nigeria,
- Economic zones in Nigeria as an investment opportunity for Canadians,
- Opportunities in the Mining Sector
- And tax incentives for business investors
A panel discussion titled Nigeria *perception and reality* moderated by Sebastian Spio Garbrah, Chair The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business
Among those in attendance for the Panel, Discussions were
- Global Managing Director & Chief Frontier Markets Analyst DaMina Advisors
- John Seddon, Principal, Canada, Control Risks
- David Shiferaw, Principal, Lucid Africa Consulting Inc.
- Lewis Reford, Chief Executive Officer, Reservoir Capital Corp.
- Biodun Dabiri, Chairman, Lekki Worldwide Investment Limited (LWIL)
- Abubakar Abba Bello, Managing Director, Nigeria Export-Import Bank
Leadership & Governance Canada Inc. is a leadership training and management development institution, created to promote the socio-economic growth and development of youth, and established to set the standard in leadership. Fresh content, strong moral principles and good faith have always played as the number one factor for the organizing of the bi-annual program. It is promised that 2021 Canada-Nigeria Business Summit and Conference would focus on updates and further expand into the newest innovations in business advancements, investor incentive programs and an array of Nigerian elite business owners.
A few highlights of CNISC 2019:
- Sam Adewale, President of Leadership and Governance, Director of Canada-Nigeria Business & Investment Summit & Conference
- Kola Esomojumi, is the Vice President of Leadership and Governance and Project Co-ordinator, Canada-Nigeria Business & Investment Summit & Conference
- Adeshina Emmanuel, Director, Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission
- Terhemba David Nongo, AG. Managing Director, Business Development, Nigerian Export Processing Zone Authority (NEPZA)
- Harold Schroeder, President, Schroeder & Schroeder Inc.
- Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, Governor, Ondo State
- Yannick Lamonde, Director(West & Central Africa), Global Affairs Canada
- David Stevenson, Executive Director, Canada, African Development Bank
- Nkiru Asika, National Director of Marketing, Canadian Black Chamber of Commerce
- Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman, Nigerian Diaspora Commission.
- Ryan McEachern, Managing Director, Mining Suppliers Trade Association Canada
- Dr. Peter Ozemoyah, Vice President, Tyne Engineering and Past President, Canadian Nuclear Society
- Justin Woodward, Co-Founder, and Head of Africa, JCM Power
- Lewis Reford, Chief Executive Officer, Reservoir Capital
- Kayode Pitan, Managing Director, The Bank of Industry Ltd.
- Dr. Kunle Oladosu, Director, Emerging Markets Financial Group
- Rahim Vishnu Wallani, ZZR Capital
- Manfred Vormbaum, Industrial Research Assistance Program, National Research Council
- Joe Kordahi, SIJ Global Ltd.
- Biodun Olaniyi, Accenture Canada
- Adekunle Ajiboye, CEO AAJImatics
- Jos Nolle, Executive Director, Seneca International
- David Thompson, Market Specialist-Africa & the Caribbean, Mohawk College
- Dr. Kunle Akingbola, Lakehead University
- Tunde Sodade, Managing Director, Lekki Worldwide Investment Limited (LWIL)
What’s more,*Sectoral Breakout Sessions* excited quite many foreign investors and guests at the summit.
- Solid Minerals
- Health Care
- Power & Alternative Energy
- Technology & ICT
- Education and Training
Venture Capital, Angel Investment, and Bank Loans also remained to be one of the popular subjects during panel discussions. The 2021Canada-Nigeria Business Investment Summit& Conference will be hosted in October 2021, Toronto Canada, however in 2020 Leadership and Governance Canada Inc. will host its bi-annual Leadership forum, a perfect pretext for the 2021 Canada-Nigerian Business Investment Summit & Conference.